Commercial freezers play a vital role in the success of food and hospitality businesses. These appliances can accommodate and store a huge amount of food products without the risk of spoiling them. They are also sturdier thanks to the materials used in fabricating them, which makes their service life longer.
Investing in new commercial freezers can be totally worth it, especially if they are manufactured by known brands and companies. But if you intend to save some money, then purchasing a refurbished but branded commercial freezer can still work for you. After all, many food-related businesses often discard commercial freezers that are old yet functional. Some of them can even be fixed or repaired easily.
To help you decide whether a refurbished commercial freezer is great for you, then here are some pros and cons of buying one.
Pros of Buying Refurbished Commercial Freezers
- Cost-Effective: One known benefit of buying refurbished commercial freezers is that it can help you save a huge amount of money. Refurbished commercial freezers have already been reconditioned and resold. This fact alone makes the overall cost of these freezers to be lower than the new ones. These commercial freezers may even be sold around 50% lower than their initial cost.
- Dependable: Manufacturers or refurbishing professionals are much qualified to conduct testing and assessment on their newly refurbished products. They know all the components that are needed to be checked before reselling them again to the market. And if they have spotted some faulty parts, they will fix or replace them immediately before running another series of certified tests.
- Eco-Friendly: Another great thing about buying refurbished commercial freezers is that they are eco-friendly. Most commercial freezers that are qualified for refurbishment are either old unused freezers or slightly damaged freezers. So, when you buy a refurbished commercial freezer, you can easily save one of these freezers from getting sent immediately to the landfills.
Cons of Buying Refurbished Commercial Freezers
- Limited Warranty: New commercial freezers are typically covered by a long-time warranty period straight from their manufacturers. Refurbished commercial freezers, on the other hand, do not contain the same benefit and privilege. While some manufacturers still provide warranty to their refurbished products, the warranty period of these appliances are usually short and limited.
- Questionable Integrity: While manufacturers and refurbishing experts are truly experienced to conduct refurbishment works, one element that may be uncertain is the authenticity and quality of the components used. You see, some parts and accessories that are installed to refurbished freezers may perform better than the original parts, while others may perform worse. Additionally, some replaced parts may be brand new, while others are not.
- Unknown Lifespan: The lifespan of a refurbished freezer may now vary according to the way it was repaired or fixed. The components that the freezer currently possess can likewise affect its overall lifespan. Generally, some refurbished commercial freezers may last for more than 5 years. Others, unfortunately, may break down just within a few months of using them.
Knowing these things can now help you decide whether refurbished commercial freezers can benefit you or not. If you want some more help, feel free to give us a call at P&R Commercial Refrigeration.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO